- We guarantee Confidentiality
- We engender Trust
- We create a Safe Space
- We respond with Compassion
- Integrity and Honesty are embeddedin all we do.
Mayday-SA is an internationally respected independent peer-based network supporting the wellbeing of all aviation licence holders in Southern Africa, thus enhancing safety in the aviation sector.
Our Core Purpose
Mayday-SA is a volunteer peer-based support structure providing support to aviation licence holders in crisis.
We provide confidential support to colleagues, their families and friends who may feel isolated and have trouble coping with emotional reactions and responses to circumstances arising from critical incidents and other life crises.
The work/life balance of aviation professionals is a balancing act.
There is constant pressure to pass regular assessments, cope in a challenging operational environment, and managing the rigorous demands of highly complex tasks, coupled with extended absences from home.
This cycle is in itself stressful, but add to this the normal life circumstances that we all face, and we can see that an aviation professional’s life is, at times, super-stressed. On occasions, these pressures can stretch a person’s stress management capabilities to their limit.
Appropriate and credible support can make a significant impact during these times.
Our Value Proposition
Mayday-SA is positioned as an independent “port-of-call” dedicated to providing peer support for all aviation licence holders. In essence we:
- Provide confidential support to colleagues who may feel isolated and experience difficulty coping with emotional reactions to circumstances arising from critical incidents and other life crises.
- Endeavour to pre-empt and mitigate the long-term effects of trauma from such incidents and crises by providing a safe, confidential and supportive environment dedicated to the emotional wellbeing of those who seek us out.
- Provide a “collegial gateway” to a network of carefully selected, trained external professional experts when further help is indicated.